Parent Education Instructor
Reports to: Program Manager
Status: Full Time
Hiring Range: $22-$26
Closing Date: Open until filled
We are looking for an individual who is excited and passionate about making a difference in children and family’s lives. As our Parent Education Instructor, you will use our community focused teaching model that fosters culturally responsive adult learning opportunities to deliver community-informed parent training. The trainer will train 200 families in the lifespan of 3 years to promote positive family relationships, early childhood development knowledge, the importance of empowering communities for self-advocacy, as well as prenatal and parent/child mental health training.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific responsibilities of the Parent Education Instructor include, but are not be limited to:
· Provide instruction as assigned in Parent Education to students under the topics of Prenatal and Parent/Child Mental Health, Parent Advocacy and Peer Support Methods, Culturally Responsive Childhood Development and Education, etc.
· Assist Program Manager and Training Coordinator with the development of education modules.
· Participate in VOT team meetings and discussions during the project lifespan.
· Assist with recruiting individual parents and caregivers from Immigrant and Refugee community to sign up for courses.
· Assist in translating necessary materials that may include demonstrations, group discussions, and practice sessions into Somali.
· Document and track students' progress through VOT’s data profile.
· Oversee the production and implementation of training material, including handouts, case studies, worksheets, PowerPoints, manuals, etc.
· Assess and monitor student learning outcomes and participant progress; adjust material when necessary.
· Offer student support through conducting meaningful check-ins to ensure competency of material.
· Submit complete and accurate documentation in a regular and timely manner.
· Maintain comprehensive documentation and complete progress reports
· Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to agency vision, mission, and anti-racial-Equity efforts
· Be flexible to work on evenings and weekends
· Complete weekly check-ins with supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (will consider Associates degree in ECE with supplemental training and expertise).
· Bilingual in English and Somali
· Requires at least two years of related work experience.
· Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
· Established interest in early childhood development and a desire to improve quality access to education for immigrant and refugee communities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
· Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Bilingual applicants with knowledge of English and Somali, Amharic, or Oromo oral and written communication skills preferred.
· Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
· Three years of experience in related field preferred.
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Hiring Process: To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and three references to Sarah Loeffler at email@example.com or call 206-466-1229. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.